Fourteen contestants vie for Junior Miss
This year’s Macoupin County Fair Queen pageant will feature 10 young women vying for the queen crown and 14 girls contending for the junior miss crown. The pageant will be held at 7 p.m. tonight at the Macoupin County Fair grounds.
The number of ladies in this year’s pageant is average for the size of Macoupin County. Last year, there were 17 ladies contending for the queen crown and it made for a late night.
The contestant’s queen score comes from an interview held during the day today at the fair ground and the rest will come from the evening portion of the pageant. Tonight, contestants will model an evening gown, a swimsuit and will answer a question onstage.
The junior miss score will also come from an interview held today, an activewear outfit tonight, a party dress outfit tonight and an onstage question tonight. Benld’s own Maya Marcacci will crown tonight’s junior miss.
The winners will represent Macoupin County for the year forward and the queen will represent Macoupin County in the state fair queen pageant.
Queen participants are:
- Demeri Adams, daughter of Rebecca Adams, Girard and the late Ron Adams
- Alyssa Birk, daughter of Kirby & Debra Black, Carlinville
- Jessie Bone, daughter of Barbara Pugh-Bone, Jeff & Amanda Bone, Mt. Olive
- Kimberly Bivin, daughter of Keith & Gail Bivin, Palmyra
- Racheal Brown, daughter Richard & Kathy Brown, Staunton
- Kylie Frensko, daughter of Brian & Gina Frensko, Benld
- Courtney Kincaid, daughter of Kimberly Pitchford, Virden
- Olivia Langheim, daughter of Joe & Gail Langheim, Virden
- Madalyn Roger, daughter of Chris & Betsey Rogers, Carlinville
- Hannah Ruffatto, daughter of Jack & Vonda Ruffatto, Plainview
Jr. miss participants are:
- Karly Ambuel, daughter of Brad & Katie Ambuel, Carlinville
- Taylor Brown, daughter of Roger & Stacey Brown, Plainview
- Lexi Bates, daughter of Shannon & Martin Collins, Joe Bates, Carlinville
- Lauren Camerer, daughter of Brian & Stormy Camerer, Brighton
- Alexandra Casey, granddaughter of Fr. John & Sandy Henry, Carlinville
- Ryleigh Gibbel, daughter of Eric & Alyssa Gibbel, Carlinville
- Madison Hedrick, daughter of Bruce & Lynette Hedrick, Gillespie
- Alexandria Jenkins, daughter of Dave & Julie Jenkins, Plainview
- Tia Lewis, daughter of John & Brandi Lewis, Girard
- Breanne Mull, daughter of Christy Spencer, Gillespie
- Stasia Nejmanowski, daughter of Donna Wise & Mike Nejmanowski, Carlinville
- Hannah Niehaus, daughter of Craig & Linda Niehaus, Staunton
- Carmen Shaub, Todd & Sandra Shaub, Carlinville
- Madelynn Williams, daughter Chris & Melissa Williams, Carlinville
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
There are plenty of ways to keep up on BenGil news: