CARLINVILLE, Ill. (May 4, 2018) – Five area students were named to the Blackburn College Dean’s List for the Fall 2017 semester. Students named to the Dean’s List must earn a grade point average of 3.6 for the semester.
- Kaitlyn Scott, Senior, Communications
- Blake Peterson, Senior, Secondary Social Science Education: History
- Chase Peterson, Senior, Secondary Mathematics Education
- Mackenzie Bryant, Junior, Business Management
- Whitney Runyon, Sophomore, Biology-Pre-Med. & Other Health Prof. Track
Founded in 1837, Blackburn College is a four-year, Presbyterian-related, co-educational liberal arts college located in Carlinville, Illinois. One of the seven work colleges in the U.S., Blackburn is the only one with a student-managed Work Program.
Blackburn was also ranked by US News as one of the Top 50 Midwest Colleges in 2016 and the #5 Best Value in Regional Colleges in the Midwest; and The Washington Monthly ranked the college as the best baccalaureate college in Illinois for 2016 and among the top 50 in the U.S.