Gillespie CUSD #7 Administration would like to congratulate and thank our students, parents and staff for completing an exceptional school year. The past few months have been challenging, but with a dedicated school community, we are able to close this school year with a “Walk Through” HS graduation ceremony, as well as high school and middle school virtual graduations.
As this year has closed its final chapter, all school staff have begun with the preparation for the upcoming 20-21 year:
- A CARES grant has been completed and approved to provide 4th through 12th graders with electronic devices to use in the 1 to 1 initiative, both in the classroom and with the possibility of remote learning in the future.
- The technology department is working on the necessary purchases and then will prepare those devices with security and Microsoft programs.
- Currently, teachers have calculated grades for the 4th quarter. Report cards will be mailed home in the first week of June. Teachers are also preparing and training for the 1 to 1 initiative so that instruction will be conducive to future electronic platforms.
- The buildings have been and will continue to be cleaned and sanitized throughout the summer months by maintenance crews.
- Food distribution has continued throughout the remote learning period. The transportation department, cafeteria workers and administration have also planned for a summer food program, with details shared on the district’s website.
- The administration is following government and health guidelines, as well as IHSA and IESA announcements, to prepare for a safe learning and extra-curricular environment for all students and staff for the upcoming school year.
Throughout summer months, the community will be provided with updates while preparations are being made for the 20-21 school year. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the school offices.