Gillespie High School’s Kennedy Clark was the first place winner of the Macoupin County Anti-Meth & Other Drugs Coalition ninth annual poster contest entitled “The Drug Free Force is With Me”.
This year’s contest had over 100 posters entered from the six school districts in the county. “The imagination and artistic talent in our county is truly amazing,” organizer Paula Campbell said of the entries.
This year’s poster contest awards were Sponsored by Carlinville Area Hospital. Students showed how the “Force” helps them to overcome peer pressure through their artwork.
- 1st: Kennedy Clark, 9th grade Gillespie, $150 gift Card
- 2nd: Zacari Miller, 11th grade Southwestern, $100 gift card
- 3rd: Alyse Gombos, 12th grade Bunker Hill, $75 gift card
- 1st: Brianna Roloff, 8th grade Southwestern, $150 gift card
- 2nd: Emily Lowis, 7th grade Southwestern, $100 gift card
- 3rd: Caitlin Little, 8th grade North Mac, $75 gift card
School Winners (each received $25 Gift Card):
- Carlinville MS: Braylee Gilmore, 7th grade
- Bunker Hill MS: Tracy Scoggins, 6th grade
- Bunker Hill HS: Madelyn Allman, 12th grade
- Gillespie HS: Charlene Huston, 9th grade
- Southwestern MS: Kiley Baker, 8th grade
- Southwestern HS: Dailyn Young, 9th grade
- Staunton HS: Kyle Nantkes, 10th grade
- North Mac MS: Lana Johnson, 8th grade
Macoupin County Anti-Meth & Other Drugs Coalition originated in 2003. Over the years they have offered many community and youth programs. We look forward to continuing the work in drug prevention, education, and awareness.
The coalition needs your help in our efforts. If you are interested in increasing grass roots efforts in your community please contact us. We would like to help each community in the county provide a needs assessment to identify drug related issues and develop a strategic plan to address the needs. Please contact Paula Campbell at 217-899-3449 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.