The Macoupin County Public Health Department has been on the road providing COVID-19 vaccines at on-site clinics located throughout Macoupin County. The public is also reminded that all COVID vaccine and testing clinics will be closed on November 25 and 26 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Christy Blank, the clinical director, stated that county school districts are partnering with the health department to provide access to the COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11. COVID vaccine is optional and not a required vaccine for students at this time. Parents and guardians must consent in order for their child to receive the vaccine.
In addition to the 5-11-year-old first doses, these clinics are open to anyone who needs a first dose, a second dose, a third dose, or a booster. The next community clinics will be held:
- Southwestern Middle School Commons, 8226 IL-111, Piasa Thursday, 11/18, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Staunton School Library – Friday, 11/19, 2 – 6 p.m.
For ages 12 and older COVID-19 vaccines (1st, 2nd, & 3rd dose and Booster) continue to be given out of the health department’s mobile unit located at 109 E Maple Street in Gillespie. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. All COVID-19 vaccines are offered free of charge. Preregistration is required at the link below. https://events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/12dbd04e-2397-4794-bdc0-682bb99a1d6a/
Voucher Codes for all clinics are:
- FIRSTDOSE = for first doses of Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine
- SECONDDOSE = for second doses of Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine
- THIRDDOSE = for Pfizer or Moderna doses, must be 28 days from second dose and meet the CDC eligibility requirements for immunocompromised conditions at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html
- SINGLEDOSE = for Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine only
- BOOSTERDOSE = Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson (18 and older) only, must be 6 months from second dose and meet the CDC eligibility requirements at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html
- 5-11 CHILDRENDOSE – Pfizer 5 to 11 year olds