As of Monday, June 15, 2020, HSHS St. Francis Hospital began a limited re-opening of the front entrance to the hospital to allow outpatients and visitors access to the facility without having to enter through the emergency room.
“I am excited to welcome people back to our front door. With our recent change in the visitor guidelines and as we resume more normal outpatient operations, adding additional accessibility to our building and services was an important step to take.,” said St. Francis President and CEO Jim Timpe.
The following guidelines are in place to continue to ensure the safety of patients and colleagues.
- The entrance will be open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday. Please note these times are based on staff unavailability and may change. The gift shop will remain closed at this time.
- Patients and visitors should utilize the emergency department entrance at all other times when the front door is locked.
- Patients will continue to be screened for COVID 19 symptoms, masked and have a temperature check upon registration.
- Support persons accompanying outpatients will only be allowed if they are free of symptoms and will be asked to mask and have a temperature check done by a colleague.
- Visitors for inpatients will be asked to mask, have a temperature check and will be logged.