Benld-area residents are invited to join State Senator Andy Manar for a senior resource fair Wednesday, Sept. 19.
The event will take place between 10 a.m. and noon at the Benld Civic Center, 201 E. Center Ave. It is free and open to the public.
The event will feature on-site driver’s license renewals, information about how to save money on utility bills and more. Seniors will be able to ask questions and obtain information from a variety of service and health care providers, state programs and local groups. They also can take advantage of free and discounted health screenings.
More information about available services:
- Driver’s license and state ID renewals at the Illinois Secretary of State’s mobile unit
- Health screenings and information presented by the Macoupin County Public Health Department and local hospitals. Most screenings will be free of charge, but some may require a nominal fee.
- Updated information for veterans from the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs and the Macoupin County Veterans Assistance Commission
- Updated information for seniors from the Illinois Secretary of State
- Details about lowering utility bills from the Citizens Utility Board
- Information about unclaimed property held by the Illinois treasurer
- Information from the Illinois Housing Development Authority
- Additional representatives available from Illinois Valley Economic Development Corp., Macoupin County Public Transit and others
- Staff from Senator Manar’s office will be available to answer questions about Medicaid, state government operations and more.
For more information, call 217-782-0228 or 618-585-4848 or visit SenatorAndyManar.com.