The Wrestling Wildcats finished in seventh place with 109 team points in the 25-team Porta Invitational Tournament on Saturday, December 9. The Mt. Olive co-op finished behind Litchfield (213), Porta (155), Tremont (145), Beardstown (140), Auburn (125), St. Jo-Ogden (117) and Kewanee (113).
The Wildcats had one champion: Jonny Darrah at 160. He won the championship match 1-0 over Twitty of Litchfield. He had previously won matches by fall, by score of 6-3, and by score of 8-6 in what was, by no arguments, the toughest part of the bracket. He scored 26 team points.
Maxx Fritz and Justin Osmoe finished in second for the team scoring 24 team points each. Fritz wrestled at 152 and lost by fall tonumber 4 ranked 1A Robinson from Kewanee after the match had been tied 4-4. Maxx won two by fall and one by a score of 9-4. Osmoe at 182 also finished second losing the championship match by fall. Justin had received a bye and won two by fall.
- John Aljets at 285 finished 6th winning his first match by fall, losing by fall, winning by fall, and losing by fall to score 12 team points.
- Scoring 7 points each were Amber Speitel at 106 and Jacob Bailey at 170 who each gained a first match fall and place 8th overall.
- Scoring 6 team points was Dray Clark at 113 with a loss by fall and two falls to win the consolation championship A.
- Scoring 3 team points was Gavin Bertoldi with a loss by fall, a win by score of 4-2, a win by major decision 15-1, and a loss by pin to win the consolation championship B.
- Also participating, but not scoring team points were Mikayla Fritz at 126, Tyler Jones at 132, Owen Scheller at 138, and Evan Morris at 145.
The team travels to Toledo Cumberland to wrestle in the Cumberland tourney on December 16 and then host the Mt. Olive tourney after Christmas on January 6.