ShopBenGil.com is almost ready to launch. After 12 long months of coding, testing, and adding features, the e-commerce site is in its final stages of testing. Expected launch date is April 9th. With over 15 local store owners already signed up, the site should have something for every customer. And best of all, it’s all local so the money stays within the community.
According to owner T.J. Allan, “It’s a win-win-win for everyone. Local businesses will have a different, more efficient outlet to sell their merchandise. Customers will be able to shop locally from the convenience of their home 24 hours per day, 7 days per week all on one site. The city will get sales tax from every item sold on the site. Currently, there’s not another community our size undertaking a project like this. We (the local businesses) are taking the initiative to make a change. Hopefully, this is a major boost to the local economy. We’ll start with this and continue to grow until our main streets look like they once did”
Currently, the following businesses have started creating their virtual storefronts:
- Sullivan’s Drugs: Jim Shore figurines, Hallmark ornaments, and various home décor items
- Carpani Consulting: Various computer desktops and laptops
- Ageless: Dietary supplements, vitamins, and herbals
- Toprani’s Gifts: An array of party supplies and children toys
- Cloud Studies: Artwork from local artist Brandy Cloud
- Ageless Apparel – Gillespie Miner clothing and custom apparel
- Sound Images 4 U: Restored, historic photographs from Jim Marcacci
- Build Benld: Fundraising items (cookbooks, calendars, etc)
- Damar Travel: Travel deals from travel agent Dona Rauzi
- Drew Ford: New and used car deals
- CP’s Five and Dine: Canned foods
- Daley’s Chevrolet: New and Used Cars
- Fireside Eye Care: Various eye health products
- Home Options Company: Rental homes and homes for sale throughout the BenGil area
- Hair Stylist Katie Eccles: Gift certificates, hair products, and more
There will also be several service providers, like Coal Country Business of the Year winner Reid’s Heating and Cooling, on the site too. Eventually, the site will include every business, whether it’s an at-home business or brick and mortar business, in the BenGil community. If a customer is looking for something to purchase local, whether it be a product or service, as long as it’s available, she’ll find it on ShopBenGil.com.
Eventually, down the road, it will be more than just an e-commerce site. Businesses will be able to use it as a virtual cash register, customers will be able to make appointments on it with local hair stylists, car dealerships, and HVAC companies, and much more. It will be an extremely interactive version of the yellow pages all on one site.
If you know of a business in the BenGil community that isn’t on the site yet, please have them e-mail [email protected]. Having a virtual storefront on the site is free to all local businesses.