Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois (GSofSI) kicked off the iconic Girl Scout Cookie Program on January 5 with the first Girl Scout Cookie Booth Weekend of the season. At these Cookie Booths, customers can purchase cookies directly from troops who have set up shop at area establishments throughout Southern Illinois.
Buying a box of Girl Scout Cookies helps power amazing experiences for girls. Whether it’s a trip she’ll never forget, a STEM activity that opens her mind to new possibilities, a service project that changes her community forever, or the opportunity to build lifelong friendships at camp, Girl Scout Cookies help make it happen! Girls also develop essential life skills that support their success today and in the future by nurturing a go-getter spirit and equipping them with the confidence and know-how to dream big and do bigger.
From January 5-26, Girl Scouts will take orders for the treats, which will be delivered in early March. In addition to cookie booths and traditional paper order cards, girls can sell Girl Scout Cookies online through a safe interactive platform called Digital Cookie. Now in its fifth record-breaking year, Digital Cookie combines traditional sales skills with modern technology to help girls learn more about online marketing and ecommerce. Girls are able to customize their personal sales website and then use e-mail to invite friends and family to purchase cookies from the comfort of their homes. Customer demand for Girl Scout Cookies following delivery has been high historically, so additional Cookie Booth Weekends will be held from late February through March. To find a Girl Scout in your area, please call 800.345.6858 or use our online Cookie Finder Tool: http://bit.ly/GSofSIFindCookies.
The Girl Scout Cookie Lineup in Southern Illinois includes:
- Thin Mints: Crisp wafers covered in chocolaty coating made with natural oil of peppermint.
- Samoas: Crisp cookies coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut, and striped with dark chocolaty coating.
- Tagalongs: Crispy cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolaty coating.
- Trefoils: Delicate-tasting shortbread that is delightfully simple and satisfying.
- Do-Si-Dos: Crunchy oatmeal sandwich cookies with creamy peanut butter filling.
- Savannah Smiles: Crisp, zesty lemon wedge cookies dusted with powdered sugar.
- Girl Scout S’mores: Crunchy graham sandwich cookies with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling.
- Toffee-tastic: Rich, buttery cookies packed with golden toffee bits bursing with flavor. Gluten Free.