The 48th Legislative District Committee met on Tuesday, January 26 to select the finalists for interviews to fill the vacancy in nomination after State Senator Andy Manar resigned his seat in the Illinois Senate. Among the finalists include Staunton’s Roberta (Sissy) Vojas currently serving as a Macoupin County Board Member.
Other finalists include:
- Lisa Badger, Springfield Park Board Member
- Shad Edwards, retired Illinois State Police
- Frank McNeil, former Springfield Alderman
- Doris Turner, Springfield Ward 3 Alderwoman
- Ruth Waller, Macon County State’s Attorney’s office
- Chase Wilhelm, previous candidate for State Representative (IL 95th)
- Julie Moore Wolfe, Mayor of Decatur
Interviews will be conducted on Saturday, January 30 and the selection will be made on Saturday, February 6.
Applicants were asked to submit a resume or biography, detailed statement describing their involvement with the Democratic Party, detailed statement regarding their electability and vision for the 48th State Senate District, and a headshot photo.
Applications had to be submitted by Monday, January 25 at 5 p.m. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident of the 48th State Senate District for at least two years, and be a Democrat in good standing.